The Glia Stethoscope
The Glia Stethoscope is a lightweight, low-cost device for medical professionals used for the same purposes as traditional stethoscopes. It is available in three options:
Ready to Assemble - Our original and most popular stethoscope, as the end user gains a thorough understanding of how their device functions while building a personal connection with it. Ships with all necessary components to build your own stethoscope and includes step-by-step assembly instructions.
Preassembled - The perfect fit for those who don't have the time or the inclination to assemble a stethoscope themselves. This option is also a perfect fit for bulk orders where individuals will not be assembling and using their own device exclusively.
- Customized - If you want your stethoscopes to match your organization's branding, Glia offers a few customization choices to meet your needs. We can customize the 3D printed components to a near match to your organization's colours, and we have the option of adding a logo to the head of the stethoscope - or both. Custom orders are priced based on the options chosen and quantity ordered (minimum of 10 units per order). To customize your stethoscopes, please contact us.
Design: The Glia Stethoscope sets a new low bar in price without lowering the bar in quality. Developed from a design similar to the market gold-standard Littmann Cardiology III. The majority of design includes 3D printed components, making it an easy-to-replace and lightweight option well suited for low resource settings.
Components: The stethoscope features both 3D printed and off-the-shelf components. The stethoscope head, ear tubes, y-piece, ring, and spring are printed using PETG filament. Other parts include; standard ear buds, Silicone tubing and the diaphragm, which is cut from PVC sheet material.
Cleaning: The Glia stethoscope can be disassembled and reassembled for proper decontamination using the following procedure:
- What you’ll need: Nitrile or vinyl gloves, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), a container and bleach (6.25% sodium hypochlorite).
- Make a bleach solution: Pour 100ml of bleach with 900ml of warm water into a container.
- *Disassemble stethoscope. Disinfect by submerging pieces in the warm bleach solution for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, rinse thoroughly with fresh warm water.
Lay flat to dry in clean area.
*A detailed instructional video for assistance with assembly/disassembly of the Glia stethoscope can be found here.
Manufacturing: The Glia Stethoscope is manufactured in Canada, in facility that holds a Class I Medical Device Establishment License (MDEL).
Warranty: Glia will offer a 1 year warranty on this stethoscope excluding problems associated with regular wear and tear or harsh use. (Ear buds not included in warranty). Replacement parts are available. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bulk Orders: Bulk orders placed containing a minimum quantity of 10 stethoscopes qualify for our Glia Stethoscope Service Plan which includes phone and email support as well as replacement components shipped directly to you free of charge as required.